What is Acne?
Acne, a long-term skin disease, occurs when hair follicles are clogged with dead skin cells and oil from the skin. Blackheads, whiteheads, pimples are the major symptoms of acne. It usually appears on face, upper part of the chest and back, which have a high number of oil glands. Puberty is the high-incidence period of acne, and serious acne symptom can lead to anxiety, self-esteem reducing and even depression.
What Causes Acne?
- Genes–Research shows that gene is the primary cause of acne in 80% of cases. It is influenced by multiple genes and dose not have a classical inheritance pattern.
- Homers–Hormone level of androgens and insulin-like growth factor 1(IGF-1) seem to be the essential influence of acne. During puberty, the increase of androgens makes the skin follicle glands become larger and secrete more oily sebum, creating a favorable environment for acne.
- Diet–Due to androgens and IGF-1 can stimulate acne, foods (such as milk) that promote the production of androgen hormones will cause acne.
- Stress–Some research found that the acne symptom will be aggravated if the patient are under high level of stress.
- Environment Factors–Some air pollutant like dust can clog pores and causes blackhead then trigger acne. Also, the bacteria in the dust can cause infection and worsen acne.
How Does CBD Oil Work for Acne?
Scientists find out that CBD can interacts with many different receptors in our body. Our hair follicles and sebaceous glands contain CB1 and CB2 receptors, which communicate with the nervous system to produce different effects including reduction of inflammation. CBD oil can interact with CB1 and CB2 receptors to promote the anti-inflammatory process, thereby alleviating acne.
In addition to the anti-inflammatory function, CBD oil may also help treat acne in some other ways. CBD activates the endocannabinoid system, which includes anandamide, a neurological transmitter that regulates the growth of cells. The imbalance of the endocannabinoid system can negatively impact the skin. Moreover, CBD oil can inhibit overactive oil secretion, one of the key causes of acne.
Conclusion & Advice
The benefits of using CBD to treat acne is that it can inhibit the growth of acne from the root as well as speeding up the cure of the existing acne. Furthermore, compared with prescription medications, CBD oil only targets the problem-causing cells without affecting the healthy cells and there will be no side-effects common to many acne medications.
There are several ways to ingest CBD oil for acne treatment, while the most common way is in a topical form, such as using CBD oil lotion or cream. And making CBD oil skin-care product your daily skin care routine not only can cure the acne, but also can solve other skin problems like wrinkles. You can take other oral CBD products like capsules, pills to reduce acne as well.
If you have been suffering from acne for a long time and already tried many other methods, you must try CBD oil products. You will be surprised.